1. Justin Gatlin gatecrashes Usain Bolt's London 2017 farewell party in 100 meters : The Guardian article
2. Winning moment : Men's 100 meters. Youtube video
3. Men's 100-Meters World records. https://www.liveabout.com/mens-100-meter-world-records-3259154
4. The Telegraph : The 100m and 200m World record progressions, and how Usain Bold has rewritten history.
Why do tightrope walkers carry long poles ?
Talk on the applications of mathematics to sport given by Professor John Barrow FRS (Cambridge) at Meet the Mathematicians 2011 event, held at the University of Birmingham, UK. Full hour-long talk.
You can watch the following video to have some details :
5. Paralympics : What do the track bikes used by Olympic and Paralympic athletes have in common with the earliest penny farthing bicycles? Wheelchair racing is one of the most exciting disciplines in the Paralympics. It also overturns some of our assumptions about Olympic track athletics: looking at the trends in world record performances for elite able-bodied and wheelchair track athletes shows that they are both very well defined but quite surprisingly different..... See University of Cambridge website : https://sport.maths.org/content/category/tags/paralympics
6. Sports : Maths carrers. see : http://www.mathscareers.org.uk/sport/
The mathematics of football : http://www.mathscareers.org.uk/article/the-mathematics-of-football/
How paralympics athletes are compared using Maths : http://www.mathscareers.org.uk/article/paralympic-athletes-compared-maths/
7. Maths and health :
The MATH of FITNESS : see attached file
Ski jump subject
The enigma machine :
Article : Morse et Wheastone (site : visite Arts et métiers.free).